4 Tbs unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large shallot, chopped
2-pounds brussel sprouts, shredded
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp Kosher salt
8-oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ½ C)
1 ¼ C heavy cream
½ C shredded parmesan cheese
1/3 C plus 3 Tbsp Miracle whip
¾ C Panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat oven to 375 Degrees
2. Melt the butter in a large high-sided skillet or a wide pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallot and cook until softened.
3. Add half of the brussell sprouts, salt and ¼ tsp of red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring often, until sprouts are softened and wilted. About 1 minute. Add remaining sprouts and continue cooking until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in Monterey cheese, cream, parmesan, and 1/3 C of the Miracle Whip until combined. Transfer to a 9×13 baking dish.
5. Stir remaining 3 Tbsp Miracle Whip with the panko, parsley and remaining ¼ tsp red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Sprinkle on top of the casserole.
6. Bake until the breadcrumbs are well browned and toasted and the sauce is bubbling all over, 30-35 minutes.
7. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.