Love the name and the cake! A cool and fruity cake for summer.
1 pkg. Butter Cake mix
1/2 C oil
1 8 oz. can mandarin oranges, remove 4 Tbsp. of the liquid
1 small box instant vanilla pudding/pie mix
1-20 oz. can crushed pineapple
12 oz. Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 3 – 8″ cake pans.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs and mandarin oranges; beat with electric mixer for about 4 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes
- For frosting, combine pudding mix and pineapple and let stand for 5 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Frost in between layers and on sides and top. Decorate with another can of mandarin oranges and mint leaves. Make flowers with 3 orange sections and mint leaves with stems. Make a border of orange sections interchanged with a few mint leaves.