2 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
2 3/4 C flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 C peeled and chopped Granny Smith apples
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 C sugar
1 C oil2 tsp. vanilla
1 C chopped pecans, toasted, optional
powdered sugar, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In another bowl toss apples with lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in the the apples and pecan (if using). The batter will be thick. Spoon into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cake from pan. Cool the cake thoroughly on wire rack.
5. Cover and store cake in fridge. Until ready to serve. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.