1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 oz. peeled fresh horseradish, chopped
2 medium white onions, chopped
3 Tbsp. minced jalapeno pepper
3 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. coarse ground pepper
2 C water
4 C distilled white vinegar
1 C molasses
2 C dark corn syrup
1 oz. chopped anchovy fillets, drained
12 whole cloves
1 Tbsp. salt
1 lemon, peeled
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and add horseradish, onions, pepper, and garlic. Sauté until translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients. bring to a boil.
3. Turn down heat and simmer for 1 hour.
4. Strain through a double thickness of cheesecloth and store. If you have a wooden cask to store in, that would be great.
5. This is best if allowed to mature for about a month before using.