1 1/2 C flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 Tbs. shortening, melted
4 C peeled grated apples
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 C chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Add milk to make soft dough (start with lesser amount and add more if necessary).
3. Turn out onto lightly floured table; knead gently for 30 seconds. Roll out into 13″ circle. Fit into a pizza pan or place on an ungreased baking sheet. Flute edge; brush dough with melted butter.
4. Evenly spread apples onto dough. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Sprinkle evenly over apples.
5. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until edge of pizza is golden brown and apples are tender.
note; may use thinly sliced apples instead of grated.