Susanne App Delisle
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 Tbsp oil
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 (15 oz) Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
14 oz chicken broth
4 oz can diced green chilis
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
salt and pepper to taste
1 C sour cream
1/2 C whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, sauté chicken, onion, garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink
- Add beans, broth, chilies and spices.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sir in whipping cream and sour cream.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with Colby Jack cheese, diced green onions and/or a spoonful of sour cream.