My son, Christopher Morgan, always remembered a batch of chocolate chip cookies I made for his 2nd grade class. To him they were the best chocolate chip cookies he’d ever had and I never could re-create them. He is now a chef in Seattle, WA. and is amazing! He finally was able to figure out the magical formula to making the best chocolate chip cookie. A flat, buttery cookie with bits of gooey chocolate. The mini chips give the best distribution of chocolate to cookie ratio.
1 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 C butter, melted
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 – 12 oz. bag of mini chocolate chips, or chocolate chips of choice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream together sugars, melted butter and oil. Add eggs, one at a time, then add vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Add flour mix to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Drop by spoonful’s onto ungreased cookie sheet. If you like, sprinkle a little sea salt on top before baking.
6. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until light golden brown. Let cool before removing from sheet. Don’t over bake, the cookies will continue to bake on the cookie sheet.