This is a really simple but fantastic frosting, I am one of those people who does not like frosting, but I do enjoy this one. You can use any type of chocolate, but semi-sweet or bittersweet are the best. You can use white chocolate and it will taste great, but it may affect the texture a little as white chocolate is not really chocolate, it’s a confectionary. You can use chips or baking bar chocolate, if using bars, make sure to chop them so they melt better.
12 oz. chocolate
2 Tbsp. butter
1 1/4 C heavy cream
1. Put chocolate and butter into a large bowl.
2. Heat the heavy cream in the microwave until almost boiling. (I do this in the microwave because I ALWAYS scorch it if I do it on the stove. If you prefer heating the cream on the stove, go right ahead!)
3. Pour the heated cream over the chocolate and butter. Allow to sit for 5 minutes without stirring.
4. Beat until smooth and shiny.
5. Let cool to room temperature. At least one hour, but can sit longer.
6. Whip ganache until until light and fluffy.