I have to confess, I’m not a fan of this cake. However, I don’t care for Gooey Butter Cake either and I’m definitely in the minority with that opinion, because everyone else love Gooey Butter Cake! So, you’ll have to make them and decide for yourself.
1 – 20 oz can crushed pineapple
1 – 20 oz can cherry pie filling
1 box white cake mix
1/2 C chopped nuts, optional
1 stick butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dump pineapple and pie filling into a 10″ pan and stir to combine.
3. Spread dry cake mix evenly over the top of fruit mixture.
4. Slice butter thinly and place slices over the top of cake mix.
5. Bake for 30-40 min or until the top is browned.