2 Tbsp. butter
1 light brown sugar packed
1 1/2 C water
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1 cinnamon stick, 3″
3 cloves, whole
2-3 dinner rolls, cubed and toasted
1 firm banana, sliced
1 medium apple, peeled, cored and sliced
1/2 C raisins
1/4 C sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 1 quart shallow baking dish with butter.
2. In a medium saucepan combine, brown sugar, water, corn syrup, cinnamon stick and cloves. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove heat and cool slightly.
3. In baking dish, layer ingredients in the order of bread, bananas, apples, and
4. Strain the syrup to remove cloves and cinnamon stick and cloves. Slowly pour syrup bread and fruit mixture to moisten bread well. Reserve some syrup to use at serving.
5. Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove covering and bake an additional 10-15 minutes, until pudding top is crisp and golden. Serve with warm syrup and whip cream if desired.