2/3 C butter, softened
2/3 C shortening
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12oz bag of chocolate chips
1 1/2 C chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Blend butter and shortening together until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and cream well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each egg. Stir in the vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Add the chips and walnuts, combining well.
4. Drop by spoonful’s onto ungreased baking sheet, about 1″ apart. The cookies will not spread much while baking.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool briefly on baking sheet, then move to rack. Yields approximately 7 dozen , 2″ inch cookies.