1 loaf soft French bread, torn into small bread pieces
2 1/2 C half-n-half, divided
2 C milk
3 eggs, lightly beaten
3 C sugar, divided
3/4 C pecans
3/4 C golden raisins
1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 C butter, divided
2 Tbsp. rum
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Place bread pieces in a large bowl and add 2 C half-n-half and all the milk. let sit for 10 minutes
3. Stir mixture well then add eggs, 2 C sugar, pecan, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon.
4. Melt 1/4 C butter in a 9×13 pan. Tilt pan to coat evenly. Spoon bread mixture into pan. Bake uncovered for 55-60 minutes, or until pudding is firm. Remove from oven and cool.
4. For sauce, combine remaining 1/2 C butter, 1 C sugar and 1/2 C half-n-half in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and col. Add rum and stir.
5. To serve, cut pudding into squares and spoon buttered rum sauce over each serving.