1 pkg active dry yeast
1/4 C warm water
1 C cream-style cottage cheese
1/4 C shortening
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp minced onion
2 tsp dillseed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 egg well-beaten
2 1/4 – 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1. Soften yeast in the warm water.
2. In a saucepan, heat cottage cheese to lukewarm. Stir in shortening, sugar, onion, onion, dillseed, salt, baking soda and softened yeast.
3. Beat in egg. Add flour a little at a time, stirring to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface till smooth and elastic.
4. Place in a greased bow, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Shape into a loaf and place into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan. Cover and let rise until almost double, 35-40 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from pan; brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with additional dill seed.. Makes 1 loaf.