1 C brown sugar
1 C white sugar
1/2 C Crisco
3 large bananas, mashed
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 C sour milk
1/2 tsp salt
3 C flour
1/2 C chopped nuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together both sugars, shortening and eggs. Add bananas.
3. In a separate bowl, mix sour milk and baking soda till foamy and add to creamed mixture.
4. Whisk flour and salt together, mix into creamed mixture. Add nuts.
5. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour. Cool for 5-10 minutes; remove from pans. Let cool completely before slicing.