App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
2/3 C shortening
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. milk
2 C sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
2. Thoroughly cream shortening, sugar and vanilla. Add egg and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in milk.
3. Sift together dry ingredients, then blend into creamed mixture.
4. Divide dough in half; chill 1 hour.
5. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8″ thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters.
6. Bake on prepared cookie sheets for 6-8 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from pan.
7. Makes 2 dozen.