App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
Martha Van Winkle
1 tsp. soda mixed into 1 C of sour milk. Let stand while mixing other ingredients
1 C sugar
1/2 C margarine or butter
2 C flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 C strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
2. In medium bow, cream together sugar and butter.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Mix into creamed mixture.
4. Stir in milk and then strawberry jam.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes. Or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool completely. Ice with powdered sugar icing.