App & Osborne Family Cookbook
Cheryl Beasley Grimme
3 1/4 lb. beef brisket
1 jar chili sauce
1 can coke
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Combine chili sauce sauce, coke and onion soup mix.
3. Cover brisket with sauce and bake for 4 hours.
4. Remove brisket from sauce and cool (best if overnight).
5. Remove excess fat from brisket and slice into thin slices (cross-grain).
6. Remove fat from sauce and put in 9×13 pan.
7. Put slices of brisket in sauce and bake an additional 2 hours, uncovered.