by Leslie Hawkes
1-pound dried mini pasta shells
1 tsp olive oil
1-pound bacon, cooked and diced
¾-pound ground beef
1 tsp cumin
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 C mayonnaise
¼ C BBQ sauce, your favorite
2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 ½ tsp hot chili sauce
1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, drained
2 C cherry tomatoes, halved
1 ½ C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
5 scallions, diced
1. Cook pasta according to directions until al dente, drain and rinse under cold water; drizzle with olive oil.
2. Cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towel. Leave about a tablespoon of grease in the pan and discard the rest of the bacon grease.
3. Add beef and cook until no longer pink; drain grease and add cumin and red pepper flakes. Set aside to cool.
4. In large bowl combine mayo, BBQ sauce, mustard, Worcestershire, chili sauce, corn, tomatoes and cheese.
5. Add pasta, bacon and hamburger mixture to the sauce. Stir to mix well and sprinkle scallions on top. Refrigerate and serve when ready.