¼ c Butter or Margarine
1 Lg can or 2 mediums cans fruit (with juice)
¾ C milk
1 C sugar
1 C flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
2 Tbsp. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in bottom of 8×8 baking dish.
3. Mix milk, sugar, flour and baking powder and pour over butter. DO NOT STIR. Pour fruit over batter. DO NOT STIR. Sprinkle 2 Tbsp sugar over top.
4. Bake one hour. Fruit will sink and batter will rise.
5. Add a little cinnamon to peaches or apples and almond flavoring to cherries. Use your imagination!