1 whole fryer, no larger than 5 pounds, if possible, cut up. I like to cut the wishbone so there are 9 pieces.
1 C flour
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
oil for frying
2 Tbsp of oil from frying the chicken. Keep the brown bits that that form in the grease.
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/3 C milk
1/tsp chicken bouillon
1. Mix flour and seasoning together in a pie pan.
2. Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture.
3. Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes before frying.
4. Heat oil in skillet to about 350 degrees. Add chicken. Watch oil, make sure the oil temperature doesn’t drop too much. If it gets to low, the chicken will be soggy. Adjust the temperature accordingly. Make sure the oil isn’t too hot, you will burn the outside and the inside will not be cooked through. Also, do not crowd the pan.
5. Remove from oil and keep warm in a 350 degree oven.
1. Reserve 2 Tbsp oil from oil frying along with the brown bits.
2. Add flour to oil and stir in flour and salt until blended.
3. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly.
4. Once smooth, add the chicken bouillon and continue stirring until thickened to desired consistency.
5. Serve immediately with mashed potatoes.