3 -4 C flour
1 1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 pkgs dry yeast
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C very hot tap water
4 eggs, room temperature
1 Tbsp grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 C confectioner sugar
1 Tbsp milk
1. In a large bowl thoroughly mix 1 C flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast. Add softened butter.
2. Gradually add very hot tap water to dry ingredients and beat for 2-3 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
3. Add eggs and enough flour to make a thick batter. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes
4. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 hour. Stir in lemon peel and nutmeg. If needed, add enough flour to keep at a thick batter,
5. Grease and flour a 10″ bundt pan. Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and let rise another hour.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes; remove from pan.
7. Whisk confectioner sugar and milk together, Drizzle over warm cake.
You can change the flavor of the cake easily by using grated lemon juice in the glaze. Or use orange peel in the batter and orange juice in the glaze.