1 C butter, softened
2 C sugar
1 C sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 C all-purpose flour or 2 1/2 C cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 C chopped toasted walnuts
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease sides and bottom of a 9″ tube pan.
2. Use an electric mixer and beat butter and sugar together until the mixture is creamy. Beat in eggs.
3. Fold in sour cream and vanilla, mixing until just well blended.
4. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold into the sour cream mixture just until the flour can no longer be seen. Spoon into prepared pan.
5. Stir together walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the top of the cake, pressing down lightly so that it will adhere to the batter.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center come out clean.
If using the cake flour, omit the baking powder and salt.