1 C butter
1 /2 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C sour cream
1 (18oz) jar apricot preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 -9×5 loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, beating well in-between each addition.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda.
4. In a 3rd bowl, combine sour cream and preserves.
5. Blend four mixture into creamed mixture, alternating with the sour cream preserve mixture. Beating well between additions. Stir in nuts, if using
6. Bake for 45 -55 min., or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
note: use can use any flavor preserves.