2 C white sugar
1 scant cup of white corn syrup
1/2 C water
1/4 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1 tsp white vanilla
1/2 C chopped nuts
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
2. Bring sugar, corn syrup, water and salt to a boil to a soft boil stage, (235 degrees).
3. Beat egg whites till stiff peaks form, pour 1/4 C of the syrup into beaten egg whites and continue beating.
4. Let the rest of the syrup boil until it reaches 250 degrees then pour into the egg whites. Beat until it loses its glossy shine. Add vanilla and nuts.
5. Drop by spoonful’s onto wax paper and let set. These will keep for 3-4 months in a closed container.
note: for strawberry flavored divinity, gradually add a package of strawberry jello while beating the egg whites. You can do this with any flavor jello.
2nd note: you cannot make divinity on a humid day. The divinity will absorb the moisture in the air and they will not set.