Lillian was our step-Grandmother and she was a wonderful woman. Unfortunately, our Grandfather, Happoo, died 8 months after their marriage, but we were lucky that Lillian still stayed in our lives for many more years. She treated all of as her grandchildren, and there was a lot of us! She always had these cookies when we visited her and I was so excited to get the recipe to share.
1 1/2 C flour
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. salt
1 C sugar
1/2 C butter
1 tsp vanilla
colored sprinkles. Whatever color you like.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, soda and salt together. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar, add egg then add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients into creamed mixture.
4. Roll dough into a log and slice into 1/8″ slices. Place onto cookie sheet and sprinkle just a few sprinkles onto the center.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
note: You can refrigerate the dough before or after slicing if you need to.