App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
1 1/2 C raisins
1 1/2 C water
1 C brown sugar
1/2 C lard
1/2 C raisin juice
2 C flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tins with cupcake liners or grease the cupcake wells.
2. In medium saucepan, bring water and raisins to a boil. Boil for 20 minutes, drain and save the juice.
3. Cream together the sugar and lard, mix in egg and raisin juice.
4. Whisk together flour, soda, cinnamon and allspice. Blend dry ingredients into the creamed ingredients, mixing well.
5. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and they are a light golden brown.
6. Serve with or without your favorite icing. Cream cheese icing sounds good to me!