App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
12 oz. cottage cheese
2 C shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 C chopped parsley
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 32 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
3/4 lb. ground beef, cooked
9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1/4 C water
grated parmesan cheese
1. In large bowl, combine first seven ingredients until well blended; set aside.
2. In another mixing bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce and cooked ground beef.
3. In a 9×13 pan, spread 3/4 C of meat sauce on bottom. Lay 3 of the uncooked lasagna noodles on top.
4. Spread with 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture and then 1 1/2 C meat sauce. Lay 3 noodles on top.
5. Spread the remaining cottage cheese on top of noodles. Top with remaining noodles then remaining meat mixture. Pour water around the edges of the pan. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
6. Bake at 375 degrees fir 45 minutes with the foil on. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until noodles are tender.
7. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before serving.