App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
Bruce Fudge co-worker of Linda App
3/4 lb. boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
1 1/4 C water
1 1/4 tsp. instant chicken bouillon granules
1 (14.5 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
2 small onions cut into wedges
1/2 C sliced celery
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
2 C yellow summer squash or zucchini cut into 1/2″ slices
1 (9 oz.) pkg. frozen, cut green beans
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. cold water
1. Cut meat into 1″ cubes. Lightly coat a Dutch oven with non stick cooking spray. Brown meat and drain any fat.
2. Add water and bouillon granules. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, onions, celery, oregano, cumin, garlic and bay leaf.
3. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 45-60 minutes or until pork is tender.
4. Stir in squash or zucchini and green beans. Return to boiling; reduce heat.
5. Simmer for 5 more minutes. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into pork mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove bay leaf and serve.