2 C persimmon pulp
1 1/2 C sugar, divided
2 C buttermilk
2 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 C cream, half-n-half or evaporated milk
1/2 stick butter melted
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. In a bowl, mix flour , 1/2 C sugar, salt, soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, combine pulp, 1 C sugar, and eggs, beat together, then add alternately the flour mixture and buttermilk. Last add the cream.
4. Melt the butter in a 9×13 pan; add most of it to the batter, leaving a little in the pan.
5. Pour the batter into the pan and bake at least of hour.