App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
John and Nancy App
4 C sliced squash or zucchini (about 1 pound)
1 small onion, chopped
1 (7 1/2 oz.) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 C sour cream dip with toasted onion
1/2 C shredded carrot
1 C herb stuffing mix
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a saucepan, cook squash or zucchini and onion in a cup of salted boiling water, uncovered for 5 minutes, drain well.
3. In a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, and carrots; fold in squash mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, toss the stuffing mixture and butter.
5. In a brownie pan, spread 2/3 of the stuffing mixture, then spread all of the vegetable mixture, and finally the remaining stuffing mixture.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.