App & Osborne Family Cookbook 2004
1/2 (11-12 oz.) box vanilla wafers, crushed
5 Tbsp. butter
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
3 C powdered sugar
1 C chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
3/4 C pecans, chopped
3 eggs separated
1/2 gallon peppermint ice cream, softened
1. Cover bottom of 9×13 pan with half of vanilla wafer crumbs.
2. Over low heat, in medium saucepan, melt butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate.
3. Beat egg yolks; add sugar, vanilla and melted chocolate mixture.
4. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form and blend into chocolate mixture and then mix in pecans. Pour mixture over crumbs in pan.
4. Spread softened ice cream over chocolate mixture in pan. Sprinkle remaining cookie crumbs over top. Serves 15-18.
5. Will keep several days in freezer. Very rich!!